Giancarlo Fisichella wasn’t the only driver conducting straight-line tests during the three-week break between the Chinese Grand Prix and the upcoming Spanish Grand Prix.
Sébastien Buemi also put in a few miles for Toro Rosso, with the team electing to use one of its four allocated aero test days for the season at the Vairano circuit in Italy.
While Fisichella was testing Ferrari’s updated ‘F-duct’ solution and enhancements it will implement for the Barcelona race, Italy’s other F1 team was planning for future updates it wishes to launch later in the season, having already confirmed it would buck the trend and not pursue developing an ‘F-duct’ solution.
"The aim was a bit more long-term, looking at developments for a bit later in the season,” Buemi said.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020