It has been confirmed that Hispania Racing’s latest test driver signing – and our latest interviewee! – Christian Klien, will replace Karun Chandhok in tomorrow’s first practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix.
The former Red Bull racer was announced as the team’s reserve and third driver overnight, and he will make his debut with the Spanish squad tomorrow. The team has expressed a need to evaluate the car and its rookie drivers against a driver with more experience, but this may not help inspire any feelings of confidence held by either Bruno Senna or Karun Chandhok that their race seats are safe…!
HRT confirmed that Chandhok will be back inside the cockpit of his F110 in the second session on Friday.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway hangs up his helmet - 26 November, 2019
- Formula E: Sims wins chaotic second race in Diriyah - 24 November, 2019