Hispania Racing’s latest sign-up Christian Klien has moved quickly to diffuse any apparent tension with the team’s established drivers, Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna.
The Spanish team’s nest test and reserve driver will drive in place of Chandhok in the opening practice session for this weekend’s event, and this prompted fellow rookie Bruno Senna to question the benefits of Klien’s appointment.
However, Klien has told Germany’s Motorsport Magazin website that neither driver has expressed concerns to him directly.
"No, [they haven’t complained] at all," said the Austrian. "We walked the track together and it was a good relationship."
Christian did admit, however, that he understood that the two drivers would "want to sit in the car as much as possible" during the race weekends.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019