Hispania Racing’s latest sign-up Christian Klien has moved quickly to diffuse any apparent tension with the team’s established drivers, Karun Chandhok and Bruno Senna.
The Spanish team’s nest test and reserve driver will drive in place of Chandhok in the opening practice session for this weekend’s event, and this prompted fellow rookie Bruno Senna to question the benefits of Klien’s appointment.
However, Klien has told Germany’s Motorsport Magazin website that neither driver has expressed concerns to him directly.
"No, [they haven’t complained] at all," said the Austrian. "We walked the track together and it was a good relationship."
Christian did admit, however, that he understood that the two drivers would "want to sit in the car as much as possible" during the race weekends.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020