A rather honest appraisal from the team’s new test driver, Christian Klien, has left the HRT team with a very clear understanding that they have a mountain to climb this year!
Despite lapping half a second quicker than Bruno Senna in his sole outing in Friday’s morning practice session, Klien described the F110 as “very difficult” to drive.
"It has much too little downforce and the details are not as good as with the other cars," he added, while he also clarified that the Cosworth V8 engine is not a contributory factor to the team’s lack of pace.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020