A rather honest appraisal from the team’s new test driver, Christian Klien, has left the HRT team with a very clear understanding that they have a mountain to climb this year!
Despite lapping half a second quicker than Bruno Senna in his sole outing in Friday’s morning practice session, Klien described the F110 as “very difficult” to drive.
"It has much too little downforce and the details are not as good as with the other cars," he added, while he also clarified that the Cosworth V8 engine is not a contributory factor to the team’s lack of pace.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019