And you’ll be pleased to know that we have two former F1 pilots sharing pole position for the factory Peugeot team – which is continuing its traditional battle with Audi – as Sébastien Bourdais and Pedro Lamy did the honours with Simon Pagenaud to clinch pole by over half a second around the daunting Spa Francorchamps circuit.
Other notable competitors in a four-car strong Peugeot team are Stéphane Sarrazin, Franck Montagny, Olivier Panis, Marc Gené, Alexander Wurz, and Anthony Davidson.
Former Toyota racer Allan McNish is competing for the rival Audi squad in the LMP1 class, and former Red Bull test driver Neel Jani is running in a Rebellion Lola, with former Sauber driver Jean-Christophe Boullion competing in the sister car.
Hideki Noda is Formula 1’s sole representative in the LMP2 class in his Lola Judd.
The GT classes see greater representation, with the likes of Bas Leinders, Tomáš Enge, Gianmaria Bruni, Jean Alesi, and Giancarlo Fisichella.
Current and former World Touring Car Championship competitors Andy Priaulx, Augusto Farfus, Tom Coronel and Jörg Müller are also competing in the 50-car field.
The final qualifying results are as follows:
[Image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020