Ferrari has been fined by the Spanish Grand Prix Race Stewards after a near-collision between Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg during qualifying.
The Mercedes GP driver was forced to brake heavily to avoid an accident with the Spaniard, who had been released from his pit garage as Rosberg was travelling down the pit lane towards him.
Stewards deemed the release unsafe and fined the team to the tune of $20,000, but Alonso (sensibly) escaped any penalties.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019