Ferrari has been fined by the Spanish Grand Prix Race Stewards after a near-collision between Fernando Alonso and Nico Rosberg during qualifying.
The Mercedes GP driver was forced to brake heavily to avoid an accident with the Spaniard, who had been released from his pit garage as Rosberg was travelling down the pit lane towards him.
Stewards deemed the release unsafe and fined the team to the tune of $20,000, but Alonso (sensibly) escaped any penalties.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020