A frustrated Timo Glock has urged Virgin Racing to lift its game if it wants to start progressing towards midfield competition.
Despite upgrades being made to his VR-01 – including it being fitted with a fuel tank large enough to see it through to the end of the race – he is disappointed with the increased gap behind their rivals Lotus.
By contrast, Timo’s team-mate, Lucas di Grassi, had to make do with the original-spec VR-01 (after the Iceland earthquake caused time delays in being able to develop both cars in time for this weekend’s event), and lapped just 0.1s slower than him.
Speaking with the BBC, a frustrated Timo said: “[The upgrades] didn’t work like I expected it, I have to say, and it shows with the time difference between me and Lucas.
"In general it’s a bit disappointing that we’ve lost so much against Lotus, so we need to find a step forward for Turkey. The team now has to deliver, in terms of aero parts, and there’s no excuse for it."
Better get a move on, Virgin! You heard Timo!
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020