After being spotted in the Spanish GP paddock, former Renault outcast Romain Grosjean has revealed he will also be paying a visit to the Monaco Grand Prix paddock next weekend to hopefully thrash out a deal that could see him return to F1.
The Frenchman spent a part-season with the Regie last year as a replacement for the sacked Nelson Piquet Jr, but was generally found to be accident-prone and off-the-pace in his outings for the team.
"I came to see a few people, make some contacts and show that I’m still around," Grosjean told reporters. "I am not hiding that my number one goal is to return to F1.”
Romain – who was spotted chatting with Peter Sauber during the weekend, added: I am aware that it is a matter of luck and opportunity and that it is not easy. I am open to the idea that other categories could be a solution for me.
"I will be in Monaco and definitely at some other European grands prix to continue negotiations," he concluded.
Does Romain deserve another opportunity in F1? Would anyone be willing to take the gamble?
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020