The Monaco Grand Prix tends to bring out the weird and wonderful in sponsorship and marketing gimmicks – who could forget Red Bull’s Star Wars and Superman Returns liveries or Jaguar’s missing Steinmetz diamonds?
This year’s event looks set to follow the trend, and Lewis Hamilton seems to be first to cast his die by announcing he’ll be racing with a modified helmet design this weekend.
Previous Monaco Grands Prix have seen the McLaren encrust their drivers’ helmets or steering wheels with diamonds – not exactly a weight-saving feature, one might argue!
Lewis has not yet revealed the helmet design, however.
"When you see it, you’ll know why I’ll be hoping for it to swing the odds in my favour!" he said. Let me guess, some sort of casino theme?
I’ll loan you my fluffy dice for you to hang from the MP4-25’s airbox as well!
[Image via About.com]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020