Just when all the banks seem to be bailing from F1 – hello, ING and the Royal Bank of Scotland! – the British bank Barclays is said to be interested in sponsoring the championship-leading Red Bull Racing team.
Barclays – the 25th-richest company in the world, according to Forbes magazine – has been quick to refute the suggestions raised by Marketing Magazine.
The bank is currently the title sponsor of the English Premier League football competition.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019