… since an Australian driver won the Formula 1 Drivers’ Championship, but with Mark Webber having won last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix, and his being equipped with what looks like the best car on the grid, could 2010 be the year to break the drought? Here’s hoping so.
The last driver from this neck of the woods to obtain such a high standing in Formula 1 is Alan Jones, and the no-nonsense Aussie is commemorating 30 years since his World Championship triumph with the sale of a memorabilia collection through The Motorsport Shop.
I’ve had a look at the catalogue, and I have to tell you that there is some really cool stuff that a die-hard F1 fan would love to get their hands on!
- A full-scale replica of Jones’ 1980 helmet autographed by the man himself, limited to just thirty worldwide, fully certified and exclusively numbered;
- A hand-signed 1:20 scale model of Jones’ Williams Cosworth FW07 that powered him to the 1980 title, limited to just thirty worldwide;
- A 30th anniversary limited edition print by Australian artist Greg McNeill, depicting Jones winning the 1980 Canadian Grand Prix that secured his championship crown.
The Motorsport Shop has an enormous range of motorsport memorabilia sourced from around the world. To view a sample of what you could purchase, visit the website by clicking here.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020