Mercedes GP has announced it has secured another new sponsor, with Deutsche Post joining its sponsorship roster from the Monaco Grand Prix onwards.
We reported in March that the German logistic giant – a previous sponsor of the Jordan team until the end of the 2002 season – whose subsidiary, DHL, is one of the freight partners of the formula 1 competition, was in talks with the former Brawn GP outfit.
It was rumoured that the deal would be done and dusted in time for last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix, but its logos will make their debut on the Silver Arrows on the W01’s livery and, specifically, its front wing.
"The team has been very successful in attracting new partners over the past months and Deutsche Post is a very welcome addition," boasted team CEO Nick Fry.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019