The Independents’ Trophy grid for next weekend’s round of the World Touring Car Championship at Monza will be bolstered by the arrival of Kristian Poulsen and Fabio Fabiani.
Poulsen (above left), 34, starts his WTCC campaign that will continue for the rest of the season, driving at the wheel of a BMW 320si run by his eponymous Poulsen Motorsport concern. The Dane is a former race-winner in the Danish Touring Car Championship, and took part in last year’s Championship for Liqui Moly Team Engstler, achieving a best result of 10th at Pau.
Italian Fabiani (above right), 35, will be fielded in a third Proteam Motorsport BMW 320si alongside the team’s regular drivers, Sergio Hernández and Stefano D’Aste. The Italian won the 2008 FIA Touring Car Cup in the Super Production class, and made his debut WTCC appearance at last year’s round at Imola.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019