Argentine Touring Car prospect Leonel Pernía will drive an RML Chevrolet Cruze LT at next weekend’s Monza round of the 2010 World Touring Car Championship season, expanding the team to a four-car attack for the first time this season. Pernía also makes WTCC history by becoming Argentina’s first-ever representative.
Born in Buenos Aires, the 34-year-old has developed into a front-running driver in the Argentine TC2000 championship since his series debut in 2006. Behind the wheel of a Petrobras-backed Honda Civic, Pernía took two race victories en route to runner-up in the Drivers; Championship behind his team-mate – and failed USF1 driving candidate – José María López.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020