Argentine Touring Car prospect Leonel Pernía will drive an RML Chevrolet Cruze LT at next weekend’s Monza round of the 2010 World Touring Car Championship season, expanding the team to a four-car attack for the first time this season. Pernía also makes WTCC history by becoming Argentina’s first-ever representative.
Born in Buenos Aires, the 34-year-old has developed into a front-running driver in the Argentine TC2000 championship since his series debut in 2006. Behind the wheel of a Petrobras-backed Honda Civic, Pernía took two race victories en route to runner-up in the Drivers; Championship behind his team-mate – and failed USF1 driving candidate – José María López.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019