Peter Sauber has again had to move to deny speculation that he is seat to dump his current drivers, Pedro de la Rosa and Kamui Kobayashi, in favour of other drivers who could bring more sponsorship to the currently logo-less C29.
Speaking with the EFE news agency, the 66-year-old Swiss said: "I do not understand why this [rumour] is repeated again and again.”
A much-improved performance at last weekend’s Spanish Grand Prix was described by Sauber as “the first time we were able to give the drivers a competitive car, which is very important for their confidence.
"I think that in Spain we made significant progress and took two steps forward; something that was necessary," he added.
[Original image via The Telegraph]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020