The models (L-R): Jaime Alguersuari, Timo Glock, Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Lucas di Grassi, Nico Rosberg & Lewis Hamilton
At the end of Friday’s traditional ‘rest day’ at the Monaco Grand Prix, a selection of F1 drivers took part in a stint of catwalk modelling as part of the traditional VIP Amber Lounge event, hosted by former Ferrari driver Eddie Irvine’s sister, Sonia.
Drivers such as Lewis Hamilton, Adrian Sutil, Vitantonio Liuzzi, Nico Rosberg, Lucas di Grassi, Timo Glock and Jaime Alguersuari donated their time to model designer Missoni wear, while female catwalk beauties got dolled up in Jimmy Choo and Elizabeth Hurley Beach threads as part of the event’s fashion show component. Proceeds raised are contributed towards Elton John’s AIDS Foundation charities.
The event attracted a host of past and present Formula 1 personnel, including Eddie Irvine, Sir Jackie Stewart and his wife Helen, and Thierry Boutsen.
A coterie of celebrities was also present, including the likes of Liz Hurley, (what I assume to be the twelfth different iteration of) The Sugababes, supermodel Rachel Hunter and tennis ace Boris Becker.
|Lewis Hamilton||Jaime Alguersuari||Nico Rosberg|
|Arun Nayar, Liz Hurley & David Furnish||Eddie Irvine & Rachel Hunter|
|Lucas di Grassi||Timo Glock||Thierry Boutsen|
|Sir Jackie & Lady Helen Stewart||Tony Fernandes & Heikki Kovalainen|
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020