It seems that F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone is helping the Hispania Racing Team establish a technical facility, following its much publicised split with its chassis-maker, Dallara, according to the Daily Telegraph.
Ecclestone caused much binding in the marsh when earlier reports indicated he was helping one of the rookie teams financially survive its maiden season – with many fingers pointing to HRT as being the beneficiary of this assistance.
However, with HRT now in need of either sourcing another chassis designer for its 2011 car or faced with the prospect of going it alone, it could be that an actual technical facility is established in Spain itself.
The Telegraph reports that team
dentist boss Colin Kolles hopes to announce the team’s plans at the upcoming Canadian Grand Prix.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019