This won’t please the head honchos at Red Bull!
Speaking with Spain’s El Pais newspaper, the young German added: "I am not going anywhere else, but in the future, I don’t know. I want to fight for the world championship, and if you look at the past, Ferrari has always designed very competitive cars.
"Why not go there in a few years?" he conceded. "Ferrari is unlike any other team, it’s a legend. There are other brands that achieve great success, but Ferrari is special."
Apparently F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone remains keen to have Vettel follow in his predecessor, Michael Schumacher’s footsteps by driving for Ferrari in the future.
"I don’t think that’s true," Vettel was quick to reply. "I have a good relationship with Bernie, but fortunately I will decide my future."
[Original image via World Car Fans]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019