This won’t please the head honchos at Red Bull!
Speaking with Spain’s El Pais newspaper, the young German added: "I am not going anywhere else, but in the future, I don’t know. I want to fight for the world championship, and if you look at the past, Ferrari has always designed very competitive cars.
"Why not go there in a few years?" he conceded. "Ferrari is unlike any other team, it’s a legend. There are other brands that achieve great success, but Ferrari is special."
Apparently F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone remains keen to have Vettel follow in his predecessor, Michael Schumacher’s footsteps by driving for Ferrari in the future.
"I don’t think that’s true," Vettel was quick to reply. "I have a good relationship with Bernie, but fortunately I will decide my future."
[Original image via World Car Fans]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020