Despite quite clearly having held up McLaren’s Jenson Button in the third stage of qualifying, Felipe Massa has escaped sanction by the FIA stewards and will not suffer from a 5-place grid penalty for his troubles.
McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh was particularly unimpressed with the stewards’ decision and told the Daily Mail: "The stewards decided Massa did his best to get out of Jenson’s way.
"On this occasion, his best wasn’t good enough." Indeed, Martin!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019