Despite quite clearly having held up McLaren’s Jenson Button in the third stage of qualifying, Felipe Massa has escaped sanction by the FIA stewards and will not suffer from a 5-place grid penalty for his troubles.
McLaren team boss Martin Whitmarsh was particularly unimpressed with the stewards’ decision and told the Daily Mail: "The stewards decided Massa did his best to get out of Jenson’s way.
"On this occasion, his best wasn’t good enough." Indeed, Martin!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020