Force India picked up its first-ever double points finish at the Monaco Grand Prix, much to the delight of team boss Vijay Mallya. With Vitantonio Liuzzi starting 10th, two places ahead of team-mate Adrian Sutil, the running order had been reversed by the chequered flag.
"I am delighted with today’s results," team Chairman and co-owner Mallya said. "At the start of the season we said we wanted to be regular points finishers and to date that’s exactly what we have done, but to do so with two cars is a real step up.
"Adrian and Tonio drove brilliant races, keeping focussed despite the numerous Safety Car periods and yellow flags, and really deserved to get in the points. It’s very pleasing to see us keeping pace yet again with the larger teams on merit and we can now take this result away with us, build on it and come back even stronger in Turkey."
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020