It’s Mikko Kozarowitzky’s 62nd birthday today!
Probably one of the most obscure birthday’s I’ve ever put on the website, Mikko was a successful exponent in Formula Vee, whose talent and sponsorship helped find him a seat with the RAM March team at the 1977 Swedish Grand Prix, which he failed to qualify due to a lack of testing time in the car leading up to the event.
He returned with the team at the 1977 British Grand Prix, but again failed to make the grid following an accident trying to steer clear of Rupert Keegan during practice. The accident left Mikko with a broken hand, and he walked out of the team after the management asked him to attempt to qualify the spare car in spite of his injuries!
Mikko would not appear in F1 again and retired shortly afterwards.
[Original image via F1 Rejects]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019