Five illegal Afridan immigrants successfully crossed into British territory last week by hiding inside Formula One Management (FOM) operated trucks returning from the Monaco Grand Prix.
The additional cargo – alongside the usual broadcasting equipment carried by the trucks – was only discovered when the return journey had been completed.
Police were contacted by the very surprised FOM staff, and the immigrants were detained before being handed over to the relevant authorities.
A FOM spokesperson said: "This is the first time we have had such a problem."
[Image via The Mirror]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019