Five illegal Afridan immigrants successfully crossed into British territory last week by hiding inside Formula One Management (FOM) operated trucks returning from the Monaco Grand Prix.
The additional cargo – alongside the usual broadcasting equipment carried by the trucks – was only discovered when the return journey had been completed.
Police were contacted by the very surprised FOM staff, and the immigrants were detained before being handed over to the relevant authorities.
A FOM spokesperson said: "This is the first time we have had such a problem."
[Image via The Mirror]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020