Red Bull Racing make another publicity venture to bring Formula 1 to the masses, with Toro Rosso driver Jaime Alguersuari piloting a Red Bull show car in the Dominican Republic including, incredibly, at over 180km/h on one of the island nation’s beaches!
"It has been amazing to be in the Dominican Republic," said Alguersuari, who drove in front of an audience totalling over 200,000 people.
"I am very happy that I shared this moment with the best audience ever. I enjoyed every minute."
The 20-year-old was later honoured as a distinguished guest of the capital city, Santa Domingo, by its council.
This is undoubtedly one very cool publicity stunt!
Read on for more photos – sourced via GP Update – of the event…
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019