Ferrari President Luca di Montezemelo has given a strong hint that Felipe Massa may be in line to have his Ferrari contract extended beyond the end of the season.
Now recovered from his horrific Hungarian Grand Prix accident last year, Felipe has appeared to struggle with the handling characteristics of the F10, and his security at the team was not helped by effusive praise being heaped on team-mate Fernando Alonso, on top of rumours linking his seat being replaced by Renault’s Robert Kubica or Red Bull’s Mark Webber.
Asked by Gazzetta dello Sport as to what Massa needed to do to maintain his position in the team, di Montezemelo answered: “Continue as before, with the same spirit, thinking of his interests but also those of the team.”
[Image via FelipeMassa.us]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020