The traditional end-of-season young driver F1 test could now be held at the Yas Marina circuit in Abu Dhabi, according to latest paddock gossip.
The Spanish Jerez circuit played host to such a three-day test in December last year, with the regulations permitting the event as part of the teams having the opportunity to test and assess young drivers who have not yet competed in Formula 1.
Italy’s Italiaracing is reporting that the test could be rescheduled to Abu Dhabi and be held in the days immediately following the season-ending race in November.
This would represent a massive cost-saving benefit to the teams with their equipment and personnel already in place.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019