Former Grand Prix winner Johnny Herbert will become the first former driver to have a second stint on the Stewards’ panel after his debut appearance at the Malaysian Grand Prix – the Briton will again serve the role at this weekend’s Turkish Grand Prix.
The 45-year old won three Grands Prix in a 165-race F1 career with the likes of Benetton, Tyrrell, Lotus, Ligier, Sauber (pictured), Stewart and Jaguar between 1989 and 2000.
Since the season-opening Bahrain Grand Prix, former drivers such as Alain Prost, Damon Hill, Derek Warwick, Alexander Wurz and Tom Kristensen have served as a drivers’ representative on the four-man Stewards’ panel at each Grand Prix.
Also expected to appear in future races during the 2010 season are the likes of Heinz-Harald Frentzen, Mika Salo and Nigel Mansell.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019