The Red Bull team has given the strongest indication yet that it is ready to renew Mark Webber’s contract beyond the end of this season.
Team bosses are extremely keen to keep the Australian on the payroll alongside Sebastian Vettel in the wake of his back-to-back victories in Spain and Monaco, with his recent successes no doubt having an effect on the “salary negotiations”, according to Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko.
Team boss Christian Horner was quoted by Germany’s Bild-Zeitung newspaper that the team would be interested in an extension to his contract.
"If we sat down together on the subject of a contract extension, it would be a pretty short conversation," he said.
[Original image via Zimbio]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019