The Red Bull team has given the strongest indication yet that it is ready to renew Mark Webber’s contract beyond the end of this season.
Team bosses are extremely keen to keep the Australian on the payroll alongside Sebastian Vettel in the wake of his back-to-back victories in Spain and Monaco, with his recent successes no doubt having an effect on the “salary negotiations”, according to Red Bull advisor Helmut Marko.
Team boss Christian Horner was quoted by Germany’s Bild-Zeitung newspaper that the team would be interested in an extension to his contract.
"If we sat down together on the subject of a contract extension, it would be a pretty short conversation," he said.
[Original image via Zimbio]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020