The Hispania Racing Team has announced that its other test driver, Sakon Yamamoto, will make his debut for the team in place of Bruno Senna during today’s opening practice session for the Turkish Grand Prix.
The former Spyker and Super Aguri driver, who signed on with the team earlier this year, has been appointed alongside Christian Klien to help provide the team with greater
funding feedback on its Dallara-designed F110 car, as the outfit desperately tries to claw back some ground on its nearest rivals.
The team ran former Red Bull racer Christian Klien for that same purpose at the Spanish Grand Prix three weeks ago, outpacing Bruno Senna to the tune of half a second in the opening practice session at the Circuit de Catalunya.
Will Sakon achieve a similar margin over Karun Chandhok?
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019