Rumours that the Sauber team might merge with the aspirant ART GP2 team currently seeking an entry into the 2011 championship gained further credence with Peter Sauber admitting that ART boss Nicolas Todt paid their Hinwil HQ a visit last week.
This was despite Herr Sauber’s protestations that his team would not be up for sale following the initial speculation being raised.
The 66-year-old told motorsport-aktuell.com in an interview: "I have had a very good relationship not only with his father [FIA President Jean Todt] but also with him, especially through [his management of] Felipe Massa."
So just why was he visiting, Herr Sauber? I assume he wasn’t trying to peddle off his other client, Sébastien Bourdais, in your direction!
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020