I have desperately wanted a copy of this book, and when I received it as a present a few weeks’ ago, I had read it cover-to-cover in under a day. I just could not put this book down.
This book is extremely well written in a conversational style and you almost feel like Perry’s talking to you as you read it. His charm and wit work well in spite of the terrible disappointments he has endured throughout his motorsport career, and he writes with a frankness and honesty that is refreshing and engaging.
If anything, this book serves as a wonderful lesson in how hard work and determination can get you places. A truly amazing and fantastic read.
Using our unique ‘Chequered Flags’ rating system, we award Flat Out, Flat Broke…
OUT OF A POSSIBLE FIVE
Flat Out, Flat Broke (© 2003, Haynes Publishing, paperback edition) is available at Amazon.com
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020