Former Grand Prix driver, author of the great book Working The Wheel, and esteemed BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle is celebrating his 51st birthday today!
One of the most intelligent racing drivers on and off the track, it still remains a mystery to me how a man who pushed Ayrton Senna so hard for the 1983 British F3 crown could not win a Formula 1 Grand Prix for love nor money. If ever this was an example of wrong time and/or place, then Martin would be your number-one candidate.
I, like millions of other F1 fans, thoroughly enjoy his commentary – the man is an institution in Formula 1 and the sport is all the better for his presence.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020