Former Grand Prix driver, author of the great book Working The Wheel, and esteemed BBC F1 commentator Martin Brundle is celebrating his 51st birthday today!
One of the most intelligent racing drivers on and off the track, it still remains a mystery to me how a man who pushed Ayrton Senna so hard for the 1983 British F3 crown could not win a Formula 1 Grand Prix for love nor money. If ever this was an example of wrong time and/or place, then Martin would be your number-one candidate.
I, like millions of other F1 fans, thoroughly enjoy his commentary – the man is an institution in Formula 1 and the sport is all the better for his presence.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019
- Formula E: De Silvestro joins Porsche - 30 September, 2019
- Hamilton wins in Russia amid Ferrari team orders dispute - 29 September, 2019
- McLaren to end Renault partnership - 28 September, 2019