Jenson Button was awarded with his MBE from Her Royal Highness Queen Elizabeth II yesterday, in recognition of achieving his World Championship in 2009.
The Briton was acknowledged in the New Year’s Day honours lists alongside Ross Brawn, who spearheaded his eponymous team to an extraordinary double championship in its maiden season, rising from the ashes of the Honda team. Brawn was awarded an OBE in recognition of his efforts, which he received earlier this year.
“To get the MBE caps an amazing season,” Jenson said after his investiture. “I think it’s everyone’s lifetime ambition to achieve in what they’re good at and what they love so to come here and collect an MBE from Her Majesty the Queen does mean a lot.”
Also acknowledged at the same function was former Star Trek actor Patrick Stewart, who was awarded his knighthood by the Queen.
[Original image via the Daily Mail]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020