Multiple World Champion and occasional Ferrari test driver Valentine Rossi has suffered a practice accident during qualifying for the MotoGP event at Italy’s Mugello circuit, suffering a compound fracture to the right shin bone after a violent accident at the Biondetti Esses.
The accident has obviously ruled ‘The Doctor’ out of this weekend’s race and will put a serious dent in his title ambitions.
The Italian had been persistently linked with rumours of signing with Ferrari as a ‘third car driver’.
We wish Valentino a speedy recovery.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020