Multiple World Champion and occasional Ferrari test driver Valentine Rossi has suffered a practice accident during qualifying for the MotoGP event at Italy’s Mugello circuit, suffering a compound fracture to the right shin bone after a violent accident at the Biondetti Esses.
The accident has obviously ruled ‘The Doctor’ out of this weekend’s race and will put a serious dent in his title ambitions.
The Italian had been persistently linked with rumours of signing with Ferrari as a ‘third car driver’.
We wish Valentino a speedy recovery.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018