Despite all the recent furore and (we feel) appalling lack of support shown to him from certain quarters of the team, Mark Webber has signed a one-year extension to his contract with the Red Bull team.
This means that we could potentially see more shenanigans between Webber and his team-mate Sebastian Vettel next year!
"It’s widely know that I’m not interested in hanging around in Formula 1 just for the sake of it and at this stage of my career, I’m happy to take one year at a time," the current championship leader is quoted as in a team media statement.
The team already has Vettel’s services secured for 2011, meaning Red Bull is ostensibly the only team on the grid – McLaren aside – with a committed driver line-up for next year.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020