Despite all the recent furore and (we feel) appalling lack of support shown to him from certain quarters of the team, Mark Webber has signed a one-year extension to his contract with the Red Bull team.
This means that we could potentially see more shenanigans between Webber and his team-mate Sebastian Vettel next year!
"It’s widely know that I’m not interested in hanging around in Formula 1 just for the sake of it and at this stage of my career, I’m happy to take one year at a time," the current championship leader is quoted as in a team media statement.
The team already has Vettel’s services secured for 2011, meaning Red Bull is ostensibly the only team on the grid – McLaren aside – with a committed driver line-up for next year.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018