The French-Sicilian took his sole Grand Prix victory fifteen years ago at the wheel of a Ferrari, sparking an incredible wave of emotion up and down the pit lane in recognition of one of the most spectacular drivers on the grid (pictured).
Fittingly, the day in question marked his 31st birthday. An enigmatic and mercurial driver, his aura is still felt some ten years after he last set foot in an F1 cockpit in anger.
We wish Jean a very happy birthday today!
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Formula E: Evans romps to pole in Santiago - 19 January, 2020
- Kubica joins rebranded Alfa Romeo team - 2 January, 2020
- Leclerc secures long-term Ferrari deal - 23 December, 2019
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019