Sébastien Buemi finally enjoyed a trouble-free race weekend and was duly rewarded with a points’ finish for 8th place in Canada, with the four points earned enough to draw the Toro Rosso team equal with Williams in the Constructors’ Standings.
Having endured several traumatic race weekends of late – not least of which when his front suspension spectacularly collapsed in practice for the Chinese Grand Prix – Buemi had a faultless race en route to 8th place, including leading the race for a single lap!
“I am super happy to have scored four points because we did not expect that much,” a thrilled Sébastien beamed after the race. “The team did an excellent job, especially during the pit-stops, and also the strategy was spot on.
“I enjoyed some fights, including passing Schumacher (pictured) which was difficult because, even though we were on the same tyres, with his being older than mine, he is a real fighter,” he added.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018