Bad news for Mark Webber!
With less than an hour until the race start, Red Bull Racing has confirmed that Mark Webber will lose his front-row starting position and drop to seventh on the grid by dint of having his gearbox replaced in parc ferme conditions.
This penalty now moves Sebastian Vettel to the front row alongside pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton, with Fernando Alonso now third, ahead of Vitantonio Liuzzi and Felipe Massa.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020