Bad news for Mark Webber!
With less than an hour until the race start, Red Bull Racing has confirmed that Mark Webber will lose his front-row starting position and drop to seventh on the grid by dint of having his gearbox replaced in parc ferme conditions.
This penalty now moves Sebastian Vettel to the front row alongside pole-sitter Lewis Hamilton, with Fernando Alonso now third, ahead of Vitantonio Liuzzi and Felipe Massa.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018