Poor Jarno has certainly had the rough end of the reliability stick, and his last recorded race finish was a 17th place in Spain. His lack of race finishes have left the Italian bog last in the Drivers’ Championship standings.
Despite his brake-related retirement, Gascoyne was pleased with the Italian’s pace and said: “He was absolutely flying and the strategy would have really paid out for him.”
Team-mate Heikki Kovalainen finished the race in 16th place, and managed to fend off Renault’s Vitaly Petrov, who finished 17th after multiple pit stops and drive-through penalties.
“Heikki drove a fantastic race, fighting all the way with the guys in front, and kept it up right to the end to keep Petrov behind him,” Gascoyne added.
[Original image via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Priaulx finally breaks through - 17 November, 2019
- WTCR: Team orders give Muller back-to-back wins - 17 November, 2019
- Superb Verstappen wins thriller in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Verstappen romps to pole in Brazil - 17 November, 2019
- Hamilton pips Verstappen in final practice - 17 November, 2019