Sebastian Vettel’s stocks seem to keep plummeting, at least in the eyes of two his fellow German F1 drivers…
Despite being seated barely “a car’s length” apart, neither driver greeted the other or exchanged a single word during the flight.
That hardly sounds like it’s worthy of a catfight. But wait, it gets better…
It is alleged by Benoit that there exists a “clear” reason for the lack of dialogue between the pair: a few days previously, Rosberg had laid the blame squarely at Vettel’s feet for causing the famous collision with team-mate Mark Webber at the Turkish Grand Prix, and it would seem that Sebastian was none to happy with the lack of love from his German counterpart…
Meanwhile, it is also alleged that Vettel upset the applecart of Adrian Sutil after Sunday’s Canadian Grand Prix.
The Force India driver told the press that Vettel had remonstrated with the 27-year-old after the race and sarcastically enquired if his mirrors had fallen off his VJM03 car during the course of the race, such was (he felt) Sutil’s apparent uncooperative behaviour when being lapped.
It is believed that Sutil retorted: “He should be quiet. He thinks he’s a superstar.”
[Original image via DW World]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WEC alters 2019-20 calendar to avoid F1 clash - 22 September, 2018
- WTCR: Ma Qing Hua to race on home soil - 18 September, 2018
- Hamilton inches to the 2018 title with victory - 17 September, 2018
- Hamilton stuns with another pole position - 16 September, 2018
- Ferrari dominates in final practice - 15 September, 2018