The SEAT will feel extremely confident in the lead-up to the all important qualifying session for this weekend’s Zolder World Touring Car Championship round, withthe Spanish cars dominating proceedings in today’s two practice sessions.
Tiago Monteiro headed a SEAT trifecta in the opening wet-dry session, and Jordi Gené managed to top the timesheets in the second, drier session, with Monteiro keeping a watching brief just behind in second place.
Of the cars that weren’t SEATs, it was a more challenging afternoon, with Augusto Farfus quickest in FP1 and Yvan Muller quickest in FP2.
Both Andy Priaulx and Stefano D’Aste were black-flagged in FP1 for failing to respect the limits of the circuit, according to the Race Stewards.
2010 WTCC Round 4 Zolder 1st Practice Session Times:
2010 WTCC Round 4 Zolder 2nd Practice Session Times:
[Original images via FIA WTCC official website]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020