The SEAT will feel extremely confident in the lead-up to the all important qualifying session for this weekend’s Zolder World Touring Car Championship round, withthe Spanish cars dominating proceedings in today’s two practice sessions.
Tiago Monteiro headed a SEAT trifecta in the opening wet-dry session, and Jordi Gené managed to top the timesheets in the second, drier session, with Monteiro keeping a watching brief just behind in second place.
Of the cars that weren’t SEATs, it was a more challenging afternoon, with Augusto Farfus quickest in FP1 and Yvan Muller quickest in FP2.
Both Andy Priaulx and Stefano D’Aste were black-flagged in FP1 for failing to respect the limits of the circuit, according to the Race Stewards.
2010 WTCC Round 4 Zolder 1st Practice Session Times:
2010 WTCC Round 4 Zolder 2nd Practice Session Times:
[Original images via FIA WTCC official website]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018