Supposedly under the auspices of promotional work, Fernando Alonso took to the wheel of a Ferrari F10 at the Fiorano circuit last week as the former Double World Champion entertained VIP guests and shot a promotional video to mark the occasion.
With the ban on in-season testing very much in force, it then begs the question of why amateur video footage from the event shows the F10 running with a modified exhaust configuration – not too dissimilar to that of Red Bull Racing – never before debuted at any of the previous championship rounds this season!
Alonso spent time at the team’s Maranello HQ in the morning – performing a stint in the simulator and working with the F1 engineers, according to the team – before he ventured onto the Fiorano circuit to begin promotional activities with a group of high-profile Ferrari owners.
For the purpose of
evaluating the new parts filming a short promotional video for the team’s website, Alonso drove a few kilometres in the clearly modified F10.
The team’s press release – perhaps ironically – joked: “You have to make the most of any opportunity in this era of the testing ban!”
One wonders if the rival teams or the FIA will see this incident with the same degree of humour? One thinks not…
[Original video via GP Update]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020