Despite having predicted that they would struggle on the slippery Valencia circuit, both Red Bull drivers Sebastian Vettel and Mark Webber could be pleased with their showing after Friday’s running, with the duo finishing in the top-three on the timesheets in the second practice session.
Running an updated version of its ‘F-duct’ iteration for the second time this season, the team is yet to publically confirm if it will contest the rest of the weekend with the concept fitted to the RB6.
With Valencia considered a better prospect for chief rivals McLaren, Red Bull would be well pleased to out-pace both silver cars in the second session, although will be conscious that McLaren might have been sandbagging with heavier fuel loads.
“I think the pace was promising today considering this shouldn’t be our strongest track. We did a step forward with the whole car – it was a good day for us,” said Vettel.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020