The FIA race stewards have fined Mark Webber and his Red Bull team a hefty €10,000 for being released into the path of another car in the Valencia pit lane during Saturday’s qualifying session.
Announced after the session that saw Webber just miss out on another pole position by less than one-hundredth of a second, the FIA statement did not state which car Webber had nearly collected in breaching Article 23.1 (j) of the Sporting Regulations.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- ‘The Unknown Kimi Räikkönen’ - 8 December, 2018
- Hamilton wins Abu Dhabi finale - 26 November, 2018
- Pirelli stays as F1’s tyre supplier - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Reynolds wine finale, McLaughlin takes the crown - 25 November, 2018
- Supercars: Van Gisbergen stripped of victory - 25 November, 2018