Today marks the 62nd birthday of René “What Mirrors?” Arnoux!
Arnoux contested 165 Grands Prix between 1978 and 1989, achieving seven wins and 22 podium finishes.
Additionally, René achieved a litany of shaken fists directed his way for his truly (at least in the latter stages of his F1 career) appalling manners when being lapped by faster drivers during a race – enough to warrant top billing from Richard’s F1 as the all-time “Mobile Chicane” in the tapestry of F1 history!
His antics also incur the wrath of the late James Hunt in one of the most popular video clips in F1 broadcasting history.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- 2020 F1 Season Review (Blu Ray) - 27 February, 2021
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020