Bruno Senna has confirmed he wants to stay on at Hispania Racing into the 2011 season.
The 26-year-old nephew of the great Ayrton Senna is making his debut season with the tail-end debutant outfit, and has endured a difficult maiden season with just three race finishes to-date. Furthermore, he has generally been evenly matched with team-mate Karun Chandhok, despite most pundits predicting he would blow the Indian driver into the weeds this year.
But the young driver remains optimistic, and according to Reuters, remaining with the Mercia-based outfit is “his main focus for next year.”
After having the honour of driving his late uncle’s 1993 McLaren Ford at last weekend’s Goodwood Festival of Speed, Bruno said: “At the end of the day you never know what can and cannot happen in the future.
"All I can do is keep pushing and hopefully get some good results. I think I have developed a lot, learned a lot in formula one. I have improved so much on driving and being assured of myself, in motivation.
“All I think about is making my career long. It’s a bit frustrating when you are trying to compete but can’t,” he added. “But … my career is not about only this year.”
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Supercars: Game over for Garry Rogers Motorsport - 18 October, 2019
- A new name for Scuderia Toro Rosso - 17 October, 2019
- Bottas victorious, Mercedes wins sixth title - 14 October, 2019
- Supercars: McLaughlin and Prémat triumph on The Mountain - 13 October, 2019
- FIA ratifies record 22-race F1 2020 calendar - 5 October, 2019