The veteran of 191 Grands Prix certainly knows the taste of success at Silverstone, having won the British Grand Prix here three times, in 1987, 1991 and 1992, out of his five Grand Prix victories on home soil.
Mansell is now the ninth former racing driver to have a guest starring role this season under the FIA’s new initiative to bring about greater consistency and fairness in the decision-making of on-track incidents. He joins the likes of Alain Prost, Tom Kristensen, Johnny Herbert, Alexander Wurz, Derek Warwick, Damon Hill, Emerson Fittipaldi and Heinz-Harald Frentzen.
[Original image via The Cahier Archive]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020