|A long-lost trio (L-R): Dave Ryan, Anthony Hamilton and Tom Walkinsaw|
A trio of former F1 regulars has been spotted in the Silverstone paddock this weekend, with each making their appearances for the first time in a long time!
Spotted on Thursday was disgraced McLaren sporting manager, Dave Ryan, who was
made the scapegoat sacked in the wake of the 2009 ‘Liegate’ affair, in which Lewis Hamilton was found to have misled the race stewards at the Australian Grand Prix.
On the subject of Lewis, his father and former manager Anthony was spotted in the Grand Prix for the first time this season following their rather public split in the lead-up to this season. Anthony manages Force India test driver Paul di Resta, and was a new figure in the Force India garage during Friday practice although not, as yet, has he been photographed in Lewis’ company…
Lastly, former Benetton, Ligier and Arrows management head Tom Walkinsaw was snapped chatting to F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone. The considerably thinner and greyer Scot, who
mismanages a host of touring car teams across the world under his TWR banner, was last involved in F1 in 2002 at the helm of the Arrows team when it collapsed mid-season under a mountain of debts owed to its creditors and engine suppliers.
Perhaps Tom was sniffing around to see if he could front up a thirteenth team on the grid for the 2011 season?
[Original images via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020