Such was McLaren’s relative lack of pace – and in the absence of complaints from Jenson Button and Lewis Hamilton about their respective day’s running – that the pacesetting Mark Webber, fastest in Friday’s second practice session for the British Grand Prix, suspects that the Woking team is hiding its true pace.
Indeed, Lewis Hamilton has initially described the updates to the MP4-25 as a “step forward”, which may cast fear in their chief rivals who might be hoping McLaren has an ‘off’ weekend!
Webber certainly believes the hype surrounding McLaren, and was cautious in his appraisal when he speculated that the Woking outfit was “sandbagging”.
In turn, Hamilton responded and argued that he expected he would be quicker on Saturday…
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020