Reports are emerging – although unconfirmed by his team management – that New Zealand’s Brendon Hartley has been axed by Red Bull.
Partnering Australia’s Daniel Ricciardo in this year’s Formula Renault 3.5 series, the pair was also the reserve pairing for both Red Bull Racing and Toro Rosso in F1, with the young Kiwi spotted in the team garages as recently as the British Grand Prix.
However, unconfirmed website reports are claiming that Hartley has been released by the Red Bull Junior Team, with claims that he has been replaced by Frenchman Jean Eric Vergne, who is competing in the British F3 series.
At the time of writing, Hartley is still shown on Red Bull’s Formula Renault 3.5 webpage, but is not listed on a separate page showing their development drivers…
Auckland radio talkback station NewstalkZB quoted Hartley as having said he is “looking for another team”.
[Original image via AUTOSPORT]
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- Bottas stays on top despite collision with Grosjean - 30 November, 2019
- Bottas fastest in FP1, Vettel crashes - 29 November, 2019
- Williams confirms Latifi for 2020 - 28 November, 2019
- Supercars: Stanaway hangs up his helmet - 26 November, 2019
- Formula E: Sims wins chaotic second race in Diriyah - 24 November, 2019