Nothing like a bit of peer recognition!
An anonymous survey of the 24 current drivers conducted by Germany’s Bild am Sonntag has found that Fernando Alonso has been voted as the best driver on the 2010 grid.
The survey also asked the sample which driver was the best in F1 history, with Ayrton Senna winning the pole by a comfortable margin from Michael Schumacher.
Asked which drivers would most likely be the candidates for the 2010 title by season’s end, Sebastian Vettel and Lewis Hamilton were picked as the leading candidates, with the latter also voted as the most aggressive driver on the current grid.
Curiously, Monaco was voted as the “most dangerous” circuit on the 2010 calendar.
One driver cheekily nominated Nico Rosberg as the “most beautiful woman” in the F1 paddock, although the most popular candidate was French journalist Marion Jolles (pictured left), who is currently the squeeze of former Renault driver Romain Grosjean.
Latest posts by Richard Bailey (see all)
- WTCR: Guerrieri outwits Muller at the Nordschleife - 26 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami breaks Nordschleife lap record to claim pole - 25 September, 2020
- WTCR: Hyundai withdraws from Germany round - 24 September, 2020
- WTCR: Ehrlacher leads Lynk & Co podium sweep at Zolder - 13 September, 2020
- WTCR: Girolami kicks off 2020 season with victory - 13 September, 2020